Gonza Tacos y Tequila is excited to announce its first Cary restaurant at the corner of Tryon and Kildaire Farms roads in Waverly Place, Cary’s premier shopping and entertainment center. With its Colombian influence and eclectic Dia de los Muertos décor, Gonza Tacos y Tequila is far from a stereotypical Mexican restaurant. On the menu you’ll find Ceviche del Dia, Ensalada del Huerto, Chiles Endiablados and Callo de Hacha Tacos, as well as unique desserts like Flan de Coco and Talega de Platano. And what would a legitimate tequila joint be without a robust offering of tequilas? All Gonza Tacos y Tequila restaurants also feature local beers on tap, as well as creative drink specials.
“Over the years, many of our patrons have asked us to open a location in Cary, but the timing just wasn’t right. When this space became available, we knew that the mix of shopping and entertainment, as well as the unique family atmosphere that Waverly Place offers, would be a perfect fit for our first restaurant in Cary,” says co-founder Gonza Salamanca.
Co-founder Carlos Rodriguez says, “When it comes down to it, this location is an easy decision for us. Not only are we impressed by the high quality upgrades during the recent renovation, but we also like the mix of tenants — many of them are like us, locally-owned businesses.”
Several other new tenants have recently joined the line up at Waverly Place including CorePower Yoga, Parlor Blow Dry Bar and CinéBistro, Cary’s premiere dinner-and-movie concept developed by Cobb Theaters. In addition, Waverly Place is nearing completion on an extensive remodel, which includes new facades and a refined color palette.
About Gonza Tacos y Tequila:
- In 2011 Cousins Gonza Salamanca and Carlos Rodriguez opened their first Gonza Tacos y Tequila in North Raleigh; 7713 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh NC 27615 (919) 846-5478
- In 2013 they opened a second location in Wake Forest at The Factory; 1849 S Main St, Wake Forest NC 27587 (919) 205-2500
- In February 2015 they opened a third location in Durham’s West Village; 604 Fernway Ave, Durham NC 27701 (919) 907-2656
- In Oct 2015 they opened a fourth location in Downtown Raleigh, in the Aloft Raleigh Hotel; 2100 Hillsborough St, Raleigh NC 276 (919) 268-8965
- Spring of 2017 estimated opening of fifth location at 525 New Waverly PL, #204, Cary, NC 27518
- “Best Tacos in North Carolina:” Spoon University’s “The Best Tacos In Every State in America” list 2016
- “Best Mexican Food” WRAL Out and About: 2016, 2015
- “Best Mexican/Latin American in the Triangle” Triangle Downtowner Magazine 2016, 2015
- “Best Mexican/Latin American Restaurant in Wake County” by Wake County Living Magazine: 2016, 2015, 2014
- “Best Mexican/Latin American in the Triangle” Indy Award: 2016, 2015, 2014
- “Best Tacos in the Triangle” Triangle Downtowner Magazine: 2016, 2015, 2014
- “Best Latin/Caribbean Food” Durham Magazine: 2016
- “Best Mexican Food” Durham Magazine: 2016
- National Top 50 – America’s Most Popular New Restaurants in 2012 by UrbanSpoon
- Multiple “Diner’s Choice” winner by OpenTable
Facebook Page (Cary location): https://www.facebook.com/gonzatacosytequilaCary/