Kick off holiday festivities with Waverly Place’s 8th Annual Tree Lighting Celebration, happening Friday, November 22!
This year’s Tree Lighting Celebration opens in The Park area at 6:00 p.m. with a performance from the Athens Drive Magnet High School Band. Immediately following, rock out to holiday tunes with a special concert from The Embers featuring Craig Woolard. Mayor Harold Weinbrecht of Cary, N.C. will take the stage at 7:00 p.m. to welcome Santa and lead the countdown to the tree lighting. Following the tree lighting, Santa & Mrs. Claus will be available for pictures (don’t forget to bring your camera!) as The Embers perform holiday favorites. Keep up with the latest on the Facebook Event page here.
Plan to arrive early for dinner and to socialize with family and friends. Get festive with tasty treats, aerial acts and visits with holiday characters in The Park. Plus, a variety of Waverly Place retailers will have special sales and promotions during the evening, including:
- Triangle Wine Company will be set up in The Park serving St. Lorenz Weinkellerei Christkindl Gluhwein by the cup ($5.00), plus beer and wine to benefit local non-profit. Enjoy this off dry (slightly sweet) mulled wine, which is served warm to Christmas shopping revelers in the market towns of Germany. The wine is produced from specially-selected red grapes enhanced with clove, cinnamon, orange and lemon peel.
- Visit the Amazing Lash Studio booth in The Park for specials treats, games and more!
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory will be in The Park offering candy apples, hot chocolate and coffee for sale along with special samples.
- Stop by Taziki’s Mediterranean Café booth in The Park for Wine & Cookies to benefit Wake County SPCA.
- Bring the kids by Color Me Mine for Ornament Decorating inside the store. ($6 per ornament)
- Visit the Dewey’s Bakery Pop-Up to sample Dewey’s Moravian cookies and sugar cake, along with $1 cups of Jo Coffee and Silly Cow hot cocoa products. Guests can also enjoy a selfie station in the shop!
- vomFASS will be serving complementary appetizers including gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate and in-store specials throughout the night.